Friday, April 11, 2008

Creating Structures

Structure is the process of creating boundaries and standards around what we are doing. It is important because it creates a pattern for us to follow and allows other people to know what is expected within that structure.

Decisions to make about the structure of my coaching service are:
  • how long are my sessions?
  • how regular?
  • face to face or phone?
  • how do clients pay?
  • how much do they pay?
  • what do I expect of my clients?
  • what can they expect of me?
I have set up a policies & procedures document, covering the following:
  • the logistics of the coaching process
  • what a client can expect of me:
    • confidentiality
    • availability
    • communication
    • integrity
    • nonjudgmental attitude
    • persistency about the client's progres
  • what I ask of the client:
    • timeliness
    • session preparation
    • completion of fieldwork
    • feedback
    • fees
    • testimonial
    • referrals
    • understanding of disclaimer
Creating structures is also about setting up a client administration.

No comments: